December had some unseasonably cold temperatures. But there is no bad weather, only bad clothing.
My December Bicycling Accomplishments
- I reached the biking 2,000 milestone in a single year milestone. The next day, thanks to a beheaded spoke and a flat tire,1Which Bike N’ Hike fixed for free. Woo hoo! I broke my streak of not commuting to work by car since sometime in May. Coincidence?
- I biked in sub-freezing temperatures and snow.
- I carried my camera, taking some of my favorite shots of the year. If I had commuted by car, I wouldn’t have stopped to capture any of these shots.
My 2013 Bicycling Accomplishments
- I biked 2,162 miles this year!
- My family gave me a new bike for Father’s day — thank you, family! (I’m not sure how that’s an accomplishment for me, but it’s certainly a major bicycling event.)
- We planned a vacation around bicyling (I think my family knew…), resulting in my biking 50 miles in a day, 200 miles in a week and 405 miles that month.
- I lost 20 pounds. Pretty much without trying.2Well, other than biking more than 2,162 miles ;-) Woo hoo!
|Distance||Time / Bike|
|184 miles||Biked in December 201331,922 – 1,738|
|2,162 miles||Biked in 201341,922 + 240|
|1,997 miles||Biked on Sage51,922 + 75|
How was your 2013 on the bike? I’m looking forward to seeing what 2014 brings.