Saudi Arabia is no longer the backbone of the Arab alliance against Iran. Israel is.
Asher Susser from Tel Aviv University
Rather than blaming North Korea, there must be some other cause for North Korea’s claimed nuke test. Choose your favorite.
- It’s Bush’s fault.
- It’s Clinton’s fault.
- It’s Carter’s fault.
- It’s a conspiracy to get Foley off the front pages.
- It’s a conspiracy to get a South Korean Secretary-General of the United Nations.
It’s particularly enjoyable that the two following inconsistent theories come from the same article.
- “North Korea is living under constant threat from mentally unstable Bush regime since he included North Korea and Iran in his famous axis of evil speech.” The “NK is afraid of the US” excuse.
- “The US is in no position to take any military action against North Korea to pursue their regime change policy or air strike on its Nuclear facilities because that will bring death and destruction in millions.” The “NK isn’t afraid of the US” excuse.
I’m sure there will be more theories proposed. How about:
- It’s Iran’s fault. They talked North Korea into the test to distract the world.
- It’s Israel’s fault. They talked North Korea into the test to justify their own possession of nukes.
- It’s Hugo Chavez’s fault. The devil made him do it.
- It’s the shadow government’s fault. They want us to give up more civil rights are on our relentless march to a one world government.
- It’s Dennis Hastert’s fault. He had an e-mail warning of the test for two years and did nothing about it.