I got yet another bike. :-)
It’s not as bad as it sounds. This summer, we cleaned house.1 I got rid of a road bike that I haven’t used in decades. I no longer want to wear spandex and have distracted drivers speed by me too close on two-lane country roads. I also got rid of Sage, a bike I commuted to work twelve months of the year2 and probably rode more than 6,000 miles. The number of components Sage needed to be serviced and/or replaced to get back to proper running order exceeded her value. So I donated her to a local bike center that repairs and sells donated bikes. I hope she finds a nice, new home. She deserves it.
Searching Craigslist, I found an Electra Townie in great shape and not too far away. I put one of our new roof bike racks on the CRV then Suzi and I headed out to take a look.
I’m looking forward to riding Darth this weekend.
- Okay, just the garage. But that’s quite an accomplishment. ?
- And lunch rides, and weekend rides, and … ?
- This last weekend, Suzi, Jamison, and I rode a new section of bike path in the Gorge between Wyeth State Park and Starvation Creek Park. As that’s my new normal for biking, I figured I needed a bike to match. And I still need to post pictures from the ride/day. Posted! ?
- Less than a third of its price new for as-new condition. Seems good to me. YMMV. ?
- Still trying the name on for size, but it seems appropriate. I’m open to other suggestions. ;-) ?
- And a new bell. Well, it’s new to him. Used to be on Sage. Perfect! Tonight he’ll get Sage’s mirror and I’ll be ordering a rack. Ah… :-) ?