I’m an engineer and a lawyer who has practiced patent law and criminal defense,1 managed a team of Intel engineers for more than 15 years, and then herded cats for a small software/web development company that catered to church organizations.
Having a blog when everyone else has moved to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Medium makes me feel like a dinosaur, but at least I’ve earned that distinction — I’ve been posting online since I ran a point plus node on Fidonet in the late ’80’s. In the mid-’90’s, my handcrafted website advertised my law practice. In 2004, I moved to a self-host WordPress blog.
I continue to enjoy having a WordPress blog as much for the process of maintaining, customizing, and optimizing the site as for posting words, pictures, and videos.
When I started this site, I wrote more words and posted fewer pictures. Now that’s largely reversed. I like to post abstract, architectural, and scenic pictures.3 And more than a few pictures of our dogs and cats. Once in a while, I share a quote. And I write about our family trips, longboarding, bicycling, and the other fun stuff we do. I even write poetry4 once in a long while.
Although this is my home on the Internet, I’m elsewhere, too.
- Twitter. I share links from the various online materials I read, plus sporadic tweets of wisdom. Expect to see leadership, WordPress, electronic freedom, photography, education, and bicycling stuff there, along with links to some of my posts.
- Instagram. I have fun on Instagram. I love their photo editor. If only it was available as a stand-alone app. At least I’ve learned how to grab large versions of my edits for posting here.
- LinkedIn. I’m an engineering manager with 17 years experience leading cross-functional design teams in fast-paced, global, and matrixed environments. I am skilled in leading distributed/remote teams, stakeholders, and vendors in agile software and hardware development. If you’d like to see my work experience and education (and hire me!), I’m on LinkedIn.
You can find more information about my blog on the following pages.
- I also did enough divorce law (three months) to confirm that I hate it. ↩
- To see the original, go to 2:45 in Raw Run: Louis Pilloni on Youtube. If I could have any superpower, it would be to skate like Louis. ;-) o/-<|: Jamison took this photo of me on the hike to Delicate Arch. ↩
- Here are some of my favorite photos. ↩
- As long as you call amateur Haiku poetry. ↩