When I started this site, I wrote more words and posted fewer pictures. Now that’s largely reversed. I like to post abstract, architectural, and scenic pictures.1 And more than a few pictures of our dogs and cats. Once in a while, I share a quote. And I write about our family trips, longboarding, bicycling, and the other fun stuff we do. I even write poetry2 once in a long while.
Although this is my home on the Internet, I’m elsewhere, too.
- Twitter. I share links from the various online materials I read, plus sporadic tweets of wisdom. Expect to see leadership, WordPress, electronic freedom, photography, education, and bicycling stuff there, along with links to some of my posts.
- Instagram. I have fun on Instagram. I love their photo editor. If only it was available as a stand-alone app. At least I’ve learned how to grab large versions of my edits for posting here.
- LinkedIn. For those who’d like to see my work experience and education, I’m also on LinkedIn.
I’m an engineer and a lawyer who has practiced patent law and criminal defense3 and has managed a team of Intel engineers for more than 15 years. Now I herd cats for a web development company that caters to nonprofits and NGOs.
You can find more information about my blog on the following pages.
Having a blog when everyone else has moved to Medium, Facebook, Twitter, or Tumblr makes me feel like a dinosaur, but at least I’ve earned that distinction — I’ve been posting online since I ran a point plus node on Fidonet in the late ’80’s. In the mid-’90’s, My handcrafted website advertised my law practice. In 2004, I moved to a self-host WordPress blog.
Btw, the photo above is my Louis Pilloni “Isn’t this incredible?” impression.4 Thanks to Jamison Logan for taking and sharing this picture.
- Here are some of my favorite photos. ↩
- As long as you call amateur Haiku poetry. ↩
- I also did enough divorce law (three months) to confirm that I hate it. ↩
- To see the original, go to 2:45 in Raw Run: Louis Pilloni on Youtube. If I could have any superpower, it would be to skate like Louis. ;-) o/-<|: Jamison took this photo of me on the hike to Delicate Arch. ↩