Hi! I’m Brent Logan. I’m curious. I like to figure things out. I like to learn. Along the way, I share some of it here.
When I started this site in 2004, I was anonymous. My domain was blogan.net with the tagline1This is the same tagline I used on my Fidonet pointplus.
blogan >>--> hot air powers the point
I wrote frequently on news, politics, and religion. That’s what everyone who had a blog did. We didn’t have Facebook and Twitter (or even MySpace) to publish our thoughts. I tracked my visitor stats and even my “Klout.”
Over time, I’ve concluded that gamified personal branding2Can we please just say “reputation”? relationships is toxic. I prefer my relationships to be in real-time and face to face. I don’t want to keep score. And I’m not going to track what is more popular here and massage my messaging to maximize your engagement. Online connections are okay, and I continue to keep this site active, maybe as much to experiment with creating and maintaining a site as anything.
I’ve also dropped the anonymity (Hi! I’m Brent Logan on brentlogan.com) and added some humility. I’ve changed my opinions on some significant matters and want to give others the same freedom. I now post more pictures than words. I prefer abstract, architectural, and scenic pictures.3Here are some of my favorite photos. And more than a few pictures of our dogs and cats. Occasionally, I share a quote. And I write about our family trips, longboarding, bicycling, and the other fun stuff we do. I even write poetry4As long as you call amateur Haiku poetry. once in a long while.
In the early days of blogging, people used RSS readers. Very few do now, so I offer an email subscription. If you don’t know me, I wonder why you’d subscribe. And if you do, I wonder why you wouldn’t. ;-)
Brent Logan Elsewhere
Although this is my home on the Internet, you can find me elsewhere, too.
- Brizzly Zero. As I post less and less on social media (and even here), I’m finding Brizzly Zero to be my favorite “social” media site. Try it and see if you agree!
- Mastodon. I like it!
- Instagram. I used to be more active on Instagram. Their photo editor is cool. I don’t post much anymore and only visit a couple of times a month. That makes me an “active user” according to their stats?
- LinkedIn. I’m a technical manager with 15+ years of leading cross-functional teams in fast-paced, global, and matrixed environments. I am skilled in leading distributed/remote teams, stakeholders, and vendors in agile software and hardware development. Take a look, give me a shout. We can “professionally network!”
More about brentlogan.com
You can find more information about my blog on the following pages.
- 1This is the same tagline I used on my Fidonet pointplus.
- 2Can we please just say “reputation”?
- 3Here are some of my favorite photos.
- 4As long as you call amateur Haiku poetry.