I’ve accumulated a set of resources on the SARS-COV-2 virus and COVID-19, the disease it causes.
Note: As this list will continue to grow as I find more resources, I’m pinning it to the top.
Dealing with the crisis
- Coronavirus Rumor Control by FEMA
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak by the WHO
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) by the CDC
- Emerging Respiratory Infections: COVID-19 by the Oregon Health Authority
- COVID-19 Projections (3/26/20) by The Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME).
- How Much Worse the Coronavirus Could Get, in Charts by NY Times
- Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially, and how to “flatten the curve” by Washington Post
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins CSSE
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Situation by the WHO
- 17 responsible live visualizations about the coronavirus
- worldometer – Coronavirus
- Coronavirus numbers by state
- COVID2019.app -- LIVE stats & graphs
- NY Times – Tracking Every Coronavirus Case in the U.S.: Full Map
- The COVID Tracking Project
- Portland-specific COVID-19 information by Thursday Bram
- nCoV2019.live by Avi Schiffmann
- COVID-19 Relative Risk Factors Comparison per State
- Genomic epidemiology of novel coronavirus (hCoV-19) by Nextstrain
- Genomic epidemiology of hCoV-19 by GISAID
- How to read a phylogenetic tree by Andrew Rambaut
- COVID-19 Open Research Dataset (CORD-19)
- COVID-19 Public Datasets on Google Cloud Platform
- Community Mobility Reports by Google
- Rapid Immunologic Testing by Hackaday
- The Coronavirus Crisis, all news articles on The New Yorker
Wash your hands!
Photo credit. Novel Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2. Colorized scanning electron micrograph of an apoptotic cell (green) heavily infected with SARS-COV-2 virus particles (purple), isolated from a patient sample. Image captured and color-enhanced at the NIAID Integrated Research Facility (IRF) in Fort Detrick, Maryland. Credit: NIAID.