- Upright position for comfort and being able to see around
- Rack to haul gear without a sweaty backpack or messenger bag
- Fenders to keep water off me and my gear
- Bell to politely alert others to my presence
- Kick stand so I can park her anywhere (as long as I’m watching her)
- Just one chain ring and seven cogs in back for simplicity and reliability
- Steel frame that will last forever
I’ve made my bike even more practical with:
- A fabric pannier for computer, etc.
- A DIY waterproof bucket pannier for a change of clothing and dry shoes2
- Lights (including two for the front: one steady so I can see and one blinky so I can be seen)
So next time you see me riding my bike, feel free to ask me about her. I love to brag.
Update. Sometimes, the best comments show up in Twitter.
— Aaron Hockley (@ahockley) September 25, 2013