For the second time in two weeks, I’ve had someone stop me and ask me about my bike.1No referral fee necessary; I love my bike! In both cases, they recognized her sheer practicality:
- Upright position for comfort and being able to see around
- Rack to haul gear without a sweaty backpack or messenger bag
- Fenders to keep water off me and my gear
- Bell to politely alert others to my presence
- Kickstand so I can park her anywhere (as long as I’m watching her)
- Just one chainring and seven cogs in the back for simplicity and reliability
- A steel frame that will last forever
I’ve made my bike even more practical with:
- A fabric pannier for my computer, etc.
- A DIY waterproof bucket pannier for a change of clothing and dry shoes2I need to figure out a better solution for keeping my feet dry.
- Lights (including two for the front: one steady so I can see and one blinky so I can be seen)
So next time you see me riding my bike, feel free to ask me about her. I love to brag.
Update. Sometimes, the best comments show up on Twitter.
- 1No referral fee necessary; I love my bike!
- 2I need to figure out a better solution for keeping my feet dry.