I have some cool relatives: an aunt and an uncle with a couple of neat kids. And get this–they all blog. Turns out, my aunt just awarded my blog the Sunshine Award. Thanks! :-)
However, this award comes with strings attached.
- You have to feature a picture of this award in a post or on your blog.
- You have to answer ten random questions about yourself.
- You have to nominate ten other bloggers to receive this award and then you have to link to their blogs and let them know about receiving it.
Let’s have a go at this.
The Award Picture
Woo hoo! ;-)
Ten Random Things
There weren’t ten random questions, so I’ll write ten random facts about myself. Enjoy!
- I have posted six random things about myself before. That won’t count as six for this list, but I will count it as one. And I’m not reusing any of them. I also posted some other random facts on my recent Happy 10th Anniversary, WordPress post.
- I like taking pictures. I post a ton on this blog, and fewer on Pinterest and 500px. I recently realized I like my abstract photos the best. I try not to take myself too seriously, being a “snapshooter extraordinaire.”
- My dad taught me to pay it forward. One way I do that is volunteering as a school board member. I started before Ashley started first grade; she’s now graduated from college and I’m still going. (Yeah, there was a one year gap as we changed schools…) Each year, I learn a little more about learning.
- I’m a big wimp when it comes to needles. I decided to work on it in a positive way: I give blood. In less than a month, I’ll earn my 2-gallon pin. I encourage you to do the same. While you’re at it, be an organ donor. Sign up for Be the Match.
- I commute to work by bike, at least, when the weather’s nice. That’s a lot more often than you might think here in the Portland area. And I ride less than 3.5 miles one way, so it’s not a big deal.
- My personality type is INTJ.
- I don’t like to pay money for something I can do myself. It ends up being a great way to learn how cars and appliances work. And plumbing. And the shortest way to the home repair shop. Right now, the dryer is awaiting a new heating element. In the meantime, it got a thorough de-linting and exhaust pipe cleaning.
- My favorite Starbucks drink is an extra-hot triple venti three-pump, non-fat, no-whip white mocha. But I only get that as a free drink. Otherwise, I’ll get a two-pump, non-fat, no-whip (with whip if I’m “living large.”)
- Some things you buy you wonder how you ever lived without them. For me, a couple of those items are a shop vac and a toaster oven. I know — random, but isn’t that the point of this exercise? ;-)
- I enjoy comic strips. Dilbert and Calvin and Hobbes are the best. Last year I made the effort to like graphic novels and manga, but didn’t succeed.
Nominate Ten Blogs
As much as I would like to nominate ten other bloggers (I did it back when I answered six random things), I don’t think I can anymore. I don’t read many personal blogs anymore. The individual bloggers I used to read aren’t blogging anymore. They’ve moved to Twitter and Facebook. It’s sad… :-(
Some might say I’m not blogging anymore, either. And there would be some truth in that. I don’t do much long form blogging anymore. I’ll post a picture or two and a quote, maybe a link. But a long article? Not very often (but sometimes).
So for this section, a fail.
But, if you’re blogging and are inspired by this, consider yourself tagged. Nominate yourself, grab the award picture, and tell us ten random things about yourself. Let me know in the comments so I can go read your post.