I went for a bike ride to tune up my engine. A little recognition is in order:
- To those in the cars that saw me and gave me room: Thank you!* Some of you gave me so much room that I couldn’t have hit you if I tried. I’m not complaining. :-)
- To the inventor of bike lanes: Thank you! If everyone saw bikes, I would continue to ride country roads like I used to. Nowadays, I don’t like to gamble my life that way.
- To the inventor of cycling shorts: Thank you!1 Black riding shorts — genius!
- To the sadistic inventor of the average speed mode on my cycle computer: “Thank you!” You’ve turned every bike ride into a race against myself. Specifically, the uphill climbs become races against the average speed. Ouch!
|Actual Time Moving2||1:08:34|
|Liquid Consumed||Venti ice water|
Grande iced white mocha
Large water bottle
Update. Jamison and I rode to the cousins’ twice today. I got another 14.66 miles, for a daily total of 31.6 miles. :-)
Day 10 on the bike. :-)
- When I put them on this morning, they were so cool, I had to check to make sure they had no holes. ↩