Watch Dave Winer’s opinion of Google Buzz drive off the cliff:
- Twitter-killing follow-up. (Scripting News). #
- My first Buzz tweet. Not sure if you’ll be able to read this. Let me know. #
- After 15 minutes I remember that Google is mean and distrusting and filled with side-goals that have nothing to do with delighting users. #
- When I first tried Flickr it was pure fun. Same with every other product that ended up being big in the social media space. #
- I got to the API and saw: No Twitter compatibility. That’s a big red X over the future of Google’s latest misadventure. Pfffft. #
- Google Buzz? Pfffft. (Scripting News). http://r2.ly/38gi #
- How do I get Buzz out of the user interface of Gmail? Show me where I opted in to this horror. I want the option. This is so f***ed up. #
- They put a virus into Gmail. They’re killing their own product. Fools. Stupid. Grrr. #
- There’s a command to turn off Buzz at the bottom of the Gmail page. #
Ouch! I’m still waiting to try Buzz.
2 responses to “Buzz Kill”
I think Dave needs to read my latest post. He seems to be getting crankier and crankier. Is it because he’s trying to protect RSS?
I don’t want to put words in Dave’s mouth, so I won’t guess his motivations. I don’t think I need to. Take a look at his “Pfffft post.”
And if you think Dave’s just a grumpy old man, you need to read his recent post, “What’s going on in NY?“