Gary Walter tagged me, according to the following “official” rules:
- Link to the person who tagged you.
- Post the rules on your blog.
- Write 6 random things about yourself.
- Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
- Let each person know he/she has been tagged.
- Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Here are six random facts about me:
- I eat and write with my left hand, making me left-handed according to most definitions. But that’s about all I do left-handed. I play sports right-handed. I paint and iron with either hand, favoring the left for detail work and the right for strength. I’m right-footed and right-eyed. Lefties like to say they’re in their right mind. Looks like I’m all over the map.
- I’ve worn corrective lenses since fifth grade. My teacher suggested that I have my vision tested after noticing that I squinted to read the chalkboard from the front row.
- My dad is my hero for too many reasons to list. His example of how he’s worked, volunteered for the school and church, supported us kids, and treated our mother sets a high bar. While in college I asked how I could ever repay him, his answer was “You can’t. Pay it forward.
- I am the youngest of four sons — and the tallest. I say growing taller is the best revenge.
- I am not a sports fan and prefer individual sports. The Oakland A’s was my team in the early 70’s and the San Francisco 49er’s in the 80’s. Since then — nothing. I’d rather ride my bike or swim laps than watch the boob tube.
- I like to learn. I know either a little about everything or a lot about nothing. Which makes me opinionated for no good reason. Show me how I’m wrong. I might change my mind and thank you. I’d like to think so.
That’s six. Funny how after reading Gary’s, I wanted to post the same sort of thing (my first car was a white ’66 Mustang with a 302 and that I’m a self-taught guitarist as part of my self-inflicted mid-life crisis. ;-) ) It’s hard to balance that thin line between bragging and boring, but I’d rather err on the side of boring.
- Taxman — answered here.
- Todd — answered here.
- Treowth — answered here.
- Kinchie — answered here.
- Todd — answered here.
Yeah, there are two Todd’s in the list, two different Todds.
2 responses to “Six Random Things”
Good list Brent,
I enjoyed all your funky links too. Well, I actually didn’t click all of them…
I liked the reference to Douglas Adam’s (RIP) Deep Thought
Todd, thanks! I enjoyed your list, too.
It’s amazing how many of us play guitar. I stopped by Guitar Center today to look at guitars and amps. Normally, lunch time on a school day is a safe time to visit. Today, some kid thought playing a pointy guitar through a distorted Marshall would camouflage his wankerousity — no such luck. I had competition. ;-)
If you made it all the way down to “42” you inspected a lot of links. I must admit, it is one of my favorites, too. Don’t miss “tagged” at the very top of the post.