I love panniers. I just don’t like spending $100+ for a pair of ’em. When Jamie showed up at Starbucks with a DIY pannier on his bike, I knew I had to do some research. Here’s what I found:
- From Kitty Litter to Luggage in 30 minutes. It doesn’t get any more basic than this. Or cheaper.
- Building Better Bucket Panniers. Probably the Instructable on building bucket panniers. Start here.
- Black Bucket Panniers. So you don’t want white buckets.
- Jandd Heavy J-Hook Stainless w/ Protector. Or you can make your own from an angle bracket and an old inner tube.
- Jandd Bucket Kit. Everything you need except the bucket. Or the cooler. What an awesome idea. We could have used a “brewskinier” on our family bike rides a few weeks back.
Looks like I’ll be making more than one of these. :-)
|Subscribe||to get my posts lovingly delivered to your inbox.|