Los Angeles Metro is in the midst of a “share the road” campaign. They are posting the accompanying picture on billboards and the backs of buses. What a great idea!
Oregon law directs bicyclists to ride near the right side of the street, with a bunch of exceptions. In reviewing the list, I was surprised to see how many could apply to my daily commute, even though there are bike lanes much of the way.
- The lane is too narrow to let a bicycle and vehicle travel side-by-side
- The bicyclist is overtaking or passing another bike or vehicle
- The bicyclist is getting ready to turn left
- Riding close to the edge of the roadway is unsafe
- The bicyclist is traveling at the same speed as traffic
- On one-way streets, bicyclists can also ride to the street’s left side
Let’s be careful out there.
|Subscribe||to get my posts delivered to your inbox with ❤️.|